Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What's your favorite cocktail in Charlotte?

Favorite bartender? Or are you the kind that prefers a "mixologist"? (And no, not everyone thinks they're the same thing -- the second term, like "bar chef" -- suggests someone who creates new drinks, rather than executing ones for which there are already recipes.)

Let me know your favorites from specific restaurants; I'm collecting some, to be shared soon. Meanwhile, Food & Wine (from which the photo above comes) is calling the South "the Next Cocktail Destination" while simultaneously declaring moonshine the "Trend That Must Go." Harrumph. (Although I hope they're right about Mezcal and tequila brunch drinks coming into style...)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

131 Mainiac. Yum.

jdbassinger said...

Jack's Beehive at Midwood Smokehouse is fantastic. And it goes really well with anything there.

Anonymous said...

I just keep it simple....Jack and Ginger Ale please...

Anonymous said...

The Moscow Mule from McCormick and Schmick's. Hard to find anyone that knows how to make it elsewhere.

briy said...

Thank you for posting this. I'm digging the Paloma cocktail. I've become a convert to St. Germain. I think that adds flavor (and buzz) to any cocktail... but I'm not experienced enough to make something that people won't gag when they drink. The "Elder-Fashioned" and "Paris-Manhattan" are what I try to make - but they're both "knockout cocktails" unless I cut them with soda water.

Anonymous said...

Tonight I found the best cocktail in town! Passion8 Bistro- Fancy Seeing You Here!

gbohmfalk said...

Favorite simplest: Gimlet - equal parts gin & Rose's lime juice. Tangy, sweet, great sipper.
Favorite summer cooler: Menthe a l'eau - creme de menthe & club soda over ice. Perfect.
Favorite fruity - Pimm's cup
I also love Moscow Mules, Old Fashioneds, Rob Roys (Manhattan made w/ Scotch - liquor + sweet vermouth)
Favorite celebration or really need comforting cocktail, which will knock you over if not careful: Rusty Nail - equal parts Scotch & Drambuie

Anonymous said...

A Dark and Stormy. Gosling's Black Seal Rum and Ginger Beer. Don't even think about using ginger ale!

Anonymous said...

The TEXAS ROSE from Maverick Rock Taco -

Espolon Blanco / Muddled Blackberries / Blackberry Liqueur / Fresh Lemon / Rosemary

Unknown said...

Bob at Pisces is AMAZING! Best bourbon cocktails I have ever had. He will make you something delicious. Please go visit him!