Some of the best current deals:
* Nearly 600 T.G.I. Friday’s (multiple Charlotte-area locations) in the U.S. will offer all sandwiches and salads for $5 each today (April 27) through May 31. That’s 16 items in all, and each is a regular portion. Among the new offerings: Sante Fe chopped salad, Mediterranean salad with chicken, meatball sandwich and Thai chicken wrap.
* Every Wednesday, mini burgers (with purchase of drink and side) are $1 apiece, with no limit, at Topz Healthier Burger Grill (15025 Lancaster Highway).
* Max’s Ally (355 John Galt Way in Afton Village, Concord) now has seven lunch combos for $7 each: Half a sandwich with choice of soup, salad or sweet potato fries. Sandwiches include club on focaccia; honey mustard chicken wrap and grilled cheese with tomatoes on wheat.
* Providence Cafe (110 Perrin Place) offers a three-course fixed-price meal for $19.95 before or after any Blumenthal Center or Ovens Auditorium performance. Choices include grilled mahi mahi; roasted half chicken; angel hair primavera and more.
* Buffalo’s Southwest Cafe in Ballantyne (14015 Conlan Circle) offers 39 cent wings after 3 p.m. each Tuesday, and kids (younger than 12) eat free with supervised arts and crafts on Wednesdays.