Wine and beer dinners coming up:
- Maddi's Southern Bistro at Birkdale Village hosts a three-course farm-to-table dinner May 27 for $35. The menu: pork loin stuffed with andouille sausage and roasted poblano peppers, paired with with Red Brick Peachtree Pale Ale; braised pork belly with apple glaze and The Duck Rabbit Milk Stout; and smoked pork jowl and apple dessert muffins, with Woodchuck Granny Smith draft cider. The pork's from Denver's Grateful Growers farm. 704-987-7762.
- Belgian beer dinner at the Pizza Peel (4422 Colwick Road) May 28: Four Belgian beers, four Belgian-inspired courses from chef Tim Schafer, including Flemish-style roasted pork loin with Le Chouffe, and Belgian dark chocolate torte with Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence. $50; 704-714-8808.
- Savannah Red (at the uptown Marriott at 100 W. Trade St.): hosts a J. Lohr wine dinner May 30, with courses including grilled lobster with saffron butter and 2006 October Nights Chardonnay and barbecue lamb loin with 2006 Syrah. $55; 704-358-6524.
- Zink (201 N. Tryon St.) hosts a five-course Brooklyn Brewery dinner June 10. Among the offerings: peekytoe crab salad with Brooklyn Pennant Ale; Copper River salmon with Grafton Farms cheddar and sweet corn puree, with Brooklyner Schneider Hopfen Weisse; and herb-crusted Niman Ranch beef coulotte steak with Brooklyn Brown Ale. $48; 704-444-9001.
- Morton's uptown (227 W. Trade St.) hosts a Malbec tasting from 6-7:30 p.m. June 12 with hors d'oeuvres such as cheeses, broiled sea scallops, sliced tenderloin on crostini with chimichurri sauce and more. $45; 704-333-2602.